Gatlin is an exciting new pop act on the rise, and we want Just Jared readers to get to know her even better!
The 22-year-old Los Angeles-based, Orlando-born singer-songwriter is paving her own path with her brand of storytelling and dreamy, catchy alt-pop melodies, and she’s kicking off a new chapter on Thursday (April 8) with “What If I Love You”
“I wrote this song about a situation where I felt like I had found my ‘once in a lifetime’ love, but they didn’t feel that way about me. I wanted the production to feel more uplifting pop because even in the situation I was trying to always stay positive to mask the feeling of being rejected,” she says of the immediately captivating tune.
“I did the ‘What If I Love You’ music video with Luke Harvey of Mossflower Productions. It had been a dream of mine to shoot at Joshua Tree since making the move to Los Angeles in the beginning of 2021. I wanted the visuals to feel like a fun escape to match the production and lyrics of the track. We shot using four different camera styles (35mm, 16mm, Super 8, and vintage TV) and then combined them all in a sort of ‘montage’ final video.”
The track follows the release of her debut EP Sugarcoated in the summer of 2020, featuring “Talking to Myself,” which has garnered over 2.5 million Spotify streams alone to date.
Check out the video for “What If I Love You,” and learn 10 Fun Facts about Gatlin inside!
1. I am absolutely obsessed with True Crime and can’t get enough of the podcasts and documentaries.
2. I played three sports in high school: lacrosse, soccer, and track. (Was not very good at any of them.)
3. I once got kicked out of Disney World when I was fifteen.
4. I’ve been to 47 of the 50 states in the US.
5. I got my motorcycle’s license at 18 and bought a Harley at 19.
Click inside to see the rest of the 10 Fun Facts…
6. I have eight tattoos, but soon to be seven because I am getting one removed.
7. I’m very close with my family, there were nine cousins and we all grew up ten minutes from each other.
8. I only did two years of college, but I minored in Religion in the Arts and some of those classes changed my life.
9. My parents own a small billboard company so when I released music in high school, they would put me on their vacant billboards in Florida.
10. I am a huge Lord of the Rings nerd and can do a mean Gollum impersonation.