Gavin Stenhouse stars in the new The CW series Kung Fu and we caught up with the rising star to learn more about him ahead of the show’s premiere!
The 35-year-old actor, who celebrated his birthday this week, plays Evan, the Assistant DA and ex-boyfriend of the lead character.
Gavin is best known for his work in shows such as Black Mirror
Learn 10 Fun Facts about Gavin below:
- I’m from Hong Kong. My Mother is Welsh and my Dad is Scottish… so I guess that makes me “Scwelsh”??
- As a kid I was obsessed with bugs and creepy crawlies. I wanted to be an entomologist. I love finding bugs out-and-about and teaching my kids about them.
- I love old film cameras. My favorite is a Hasseblad 500c, which is the same model that first went to space in the Mercury rocket in 1962.
- I develop my own photographic film in my bathtub.
- For my ’2020 wrapped’ yearly roundup on Spotify I was in the top 1% of Idina Menzel listeners, in the world… Frozen 2 makes me cry every time.
Click inside to check out the rest of the fun facts…
- I’m a hot sauce connoisseur. As a kid, my older brothers once dared me to eat as many chilies as I could… and now, twenty years later, I add “Da Bomb” hot sauce to most of my meals.
- Rock climbing is my zen. You could say I’m obsessed with it.
- I was so blown away when I saw Cirque du Soleil that I spent a year doing evening classes at a Circus School. I still love walking on my hands!
- When I was about 13 I saw Jackie Chan’s movie Drunken Master. I immediately wrote to the Shaolin Temple to ask if I could come and study that style of Kung Fu, they said no…
- My dad jokes are on point. I’m working on a great one about a jump rope but I think I’ll just… skip it.
- Bonus Fact: I love board games. An ideal date night in for me and my wife would be a glass of wine, salt & vinegar kettle chips and a game.
Make sure to watch Kung Fu on The CW on Wednesday nights at 8/7c!