Almondmilkhunni is one of the rising acts we’re excited about, and we want to give Just Jared readers an opportunity to get to know her better!
The Philadelphia native has had a fascinatingly varied past: from growing up in a religious family, to stripping in order to put herself through college as a political science and pre-law major, to becoming the pop-R&B One to Watch that she is today.
Her track “Bandana,” which samples Usher’s “U Remind Me,” became a playlist favorite, including Spotify’s New Music Friday. She also collaborated with Flo Milli on her viral debut hit, “Cherry.”
After recently releasing her debut EP, Almondmilkhunni just dropped her latest track, “damnboy,” today (July 31). And in celebration, we’re getting to know her better with 10 Fun Facts.
- 1. I’m really proud of my heritage – my father is Puerto Rican and my mother is German, but I grew up with my Dominican stepdad so I have an interesting mix of the two cultures.
- 2. I studied political science and was admitted into the pre-law program at Rutgers University before I dropped out to pursue music. I used to write papers for people for money lol.
- 3. I was basically just a really poor college student and was barely making ends meet at Starbucks so I just walked into a strip club one day and got hired.
- 4. My favorite Starbucks drink of the moment – matcha lattes with vanilla syrup and almond milk 😉
- 5. I love listening to podcasts! I’ve been into a lot of Abraham Hicks lately, and my friend Michaela is coming out with a sheratesdogs podcast which I’m super excited about because she’s hilarious.
- 6. While I was growing up in a religious family, I was extremely sheltered and had to hide a lot of myself from my family. So now it’s cool to explore who I am freely and as an artist I’m still figuring it out.
- 7. During quarantine I started making a bunch of indie music and techno/electronic music which was super fun and just a cool way to express myself without caring or the pressure of it being successful.
- 8. The most important causes to me are: Black Lives Matter, women’s domestic abuse causes, and NEDA.
- 9. I’m planning on being single until next July as a way to figure out what I really want for myself and as a way to set my standards for who I want to be with.
- 10. I’m actually a huge tomboy in my day to day life.
Click inside to read the rest of the 10 Fun Facts…