In the 21st century the style trends of the fashion industry dominate the world more than they ever did, and control not only the way people dress but also trends in home ware design, makeup fashion and people’s overall attitudes.
Nowadays, fashion is bold and daring, and this reflects a noughties generation that is not afraid to say what they think, or wear what they want. Fashion is not just a means of clothing your body, it is the essence of your personality and beliefs, and designers are well aware of the power they hold.
Trends in fashion unify women and men around the world, yet they still allow people the ability to portray their own individual style at the same time. A period of time portrayed in a picture can be identified immediately just by the style of clothes the people are wearing, and this sums up just how powerful and all-encompassing fashion is.
Designers’ predictions and designs for the coming season are more hotly anticipated than any other revelation in the world. How then does one get be designated as a designer, not just any designer but one whose designs are actually anticipated? Have you heard of RIOHS ORIGINATE?
RIOHS ORIGINATE, founded in 2010, is a design and creative thinking institution initiative. We are a Creative Art Service and Training company in Accra that aids and training for individuals as well as organizations. We are also famously known for our proficient plan which enables students to graduate after just 6 months of training in Fashion Design and Illustration with the necessary skills set such as sensitivity to image, style and color influenced by accuracy and consistency. This is followed by a 3-month internship with RIOHS after which graduands are awarded merit-based certificates after graduation.
The course is designed to follow active and demanding assignment schedules this helps you not only learn but also helps our students to readily commit fully, to any highly demanding yet intriguing situation which is much needed in the fashion industry.
Our original vision was to offer the general public the chance to take high quality art courses by distance learning, without prior qualifications or restrictions. That dream has evolved into a beautiful and functionally constructed atelier that serves as a cutting-edge training hub. RIOHS ORIGINATE is a means of transforming people’s lives, giving them the opportunity and skills to express their creative talents under the guidance of professional artists.
At the end of our six (6) months course, students will
• Be able to use industry terminology and equipment in appropriate ways.
• Have an understanding of the different types of sewing machines and accessories.
• Have an in-depth understanding of Notions and Fabrics and also how to handle them.
• Have an understanding of the different types of sewing techniques.
• Be able take body measurement, draft, cut and sew.
• Be able to create a collection.
• Be able to sketch a basic fashion croqui and clothe it in 2 different poses.
• Demonstrate professionalism by managing time to meet deadlines with quality work and effectively collaborating in teams.
• Have appreciable knowledge of fashion runway, plan their own fashion show and also participate in at least two key runway shows.
• Have an understanding of every aspect of fashion business.
Another amazing thing about RIOHS is that Tuition Fees can be paid in 2 instalments, this is an effort on our part to make this as affordable as we possibly can.
- Local Students-Ghc3500 paid before start of class with the balance Ghc1000 paid during your second month in class.
- Foreign Students-$1000 paid before start of class with the balance $250 paid during your second month in class.
Designers continue to market the importance they know people put on fashion, and people continue to hang on to designers’ every move in the fashion world, therefore as long as this carries on fashion will continue to maintain its dominant position in society for a very long time to come. It influences not only what we wear, but everything we do, say, and even think. This is why fashion does indeed rule the world.
Working with fashion allows you to release your creativity and passion for fashion in a variety of outlets. Whether you are designing dresses or editing a fashion spread for the next season’s latest trends, a career in fashion can be an exciting, glamorous job.
What are you waiting for, APPLY NOW!
No prior qualifications needed!