The Director-General of the Ghana Health Service (GHS), Dr. Patrick Aboagye has revealed that all suspected cases of the coronavirus infection, also known as COVID-19, has tested negative in Ghana and therefore given the assurance that the country is safe.
Also READ: 1D1F projects will reduce youth unemployment and insecurity – Techiman North DCE assures
Dr. Aboagye said even though there are designated places
assigned throughout the country where such suspected cases could be reported,
the Tema General Hospital and the Ridge Hospitals are the prime designated
centres for such cases. He made this known at a press briefing in Accra on
Thursday 13th February, 2020.
This follows an inspection visit that was led by the National Security Minister, Mr. Albert Kan-Dapaah, on February 4, 2020, at the Kotoka International Airport (KIA). The Director of Health Promotion Division, Dr. DaCosta Aboagye, and Dr. Dennis Laryea, the Coordinator at Port Health were part of the team of expert that carried out the inspection with the Minister. The visit was to enable them take a firsthand account on the level of the country’s preparedness towards the prevention of the COVID-19 2019 outbreak and to ascertain whether the key messages developed by the Ministry of Health and the Ghana Health Service to provide public education for travelers and the general public were on display.
Also READ: How can buying ambulances be better than building hospitals – Manasseh challenges Gabby
Speaking today, Dr. Patrick Aboagye expressed his confidence in the actions taken so far to ensure the safety of all Ghanaians. He said, the multidimensional approach taken, involving the Immigration, and all concerned, puts the country in a good position to contain the situation.
The post Ghana is safe from Coronavirus – Director General of GHS assures appeared first on MyNewsGh.